Saturday, August 5, 2017

Hello Iceland

Window-less window seat
Bergen, Norway to Reykjavik, Iceland 

Main shopping street 
Reykjavik, Iceland

There is a refrigerated room at the supermarket. The outside temperature don't vary much from the fridge area. 
Reykjavik, Iceland


Harbor area
Reykjavik, Iceland 

After about three-ish weeks on continental Europe, the time has come for me to fly to the next and final country of this adventure: Iceland. The trip to the airport provided some new sights of Bergen. The airport was totally automated - very cool but also rather intimidating when you try it for the first time. I booked a window seat with my reservation, but there was no window (nor view) to be had when I got to my seat. I guess, I can now say I've sat at a window-less window seat. 
After having spent the afternoon in Reykjavik, Iceland, I'm not sure if this places feels like a large town or a small city. The homes and buildings are colorful and quaint, and each one is unique. There is a strong, creative vibe in the air with numerous galleries, craft shops, and designer stores. I must say, it's hard to come up with a place that is at all similar to what I've observed here thus far. Let the adventure continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment