Sunday, August 6, 2017

Puffins and Blue Lagoon


Harpa Opera House
Reykjavik, Iceland


Sun Voyager
Reykjavik, Iceland


Seltun Geothermal Area
Seltún, Iceland


Blue Lagoon, Iceland

This place is surreal. Did I board an airplane or a rocket ship from Norway two days ago? Everything done today was literally out of this world. I observed the most incredibly adorable creature on Earth on a boat tour: the Puffin. Although difficult to photograph, it was unbelievable to witness such a versatile, little bird thrive in a climate like Iceland's. My Mom and I meandered more through the creative and witty Reykjavik streets and opera house before heading out of town. Our two stops were the Seltun Geothermal Springs and the Blue Lagoon. The ride to Seltun was a nerve-wracking adventure to see boiling water sizzle out of the Earth. At the Blue Lagoon, my Mom and I soaked, relaxed, and loved every moment in these warm, frosty mineral waters in the midst of a breathtaking crater-like landscape that is unlike any other on this planet. A perfect Sunday in my opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment